Some of the most common food duos include PB&J, Nutella and bananas, chips and salsa, and now coconut and chocolate! These lovely little bars we've baked up are great for party favors, gifts, or even as a quick desert. The ingredients are simple and the recipe is quick!
Check out how to make these super delicious coconut chocolate bars!
5 1/2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut (14 oz)
1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of chocolate chips (plus, a little extra for drizzling)!
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13-by-9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Mix the coconut and the condensed milk in a bowl until well combined. Then add the chocolate chips.
3) Spread the mixture evenly on the baking dish.
4) Bake until the coconut is golden brown with crispy edges.
5) Let them cool, and then cut them into squares.
6) Take the remaining chocolate chips and melt them until they are completely smooth.
7) Get a small Ziplock bag and put the melted chocolate into it.
8) Cut the very tip of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the bars!
Recipe adapted from Marcela Valladolid's Easy Coconut Bark
These are seriously the quickest homemade bars ever! With only three ingredients to top it all off. We hope you try these out and let us know what you think!